TWO YEARS IN OFFICE; HON. GBOLUGA IKENGBOJU GIVES ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP By Olaseeni Oyesusi It is no longer news that the 9th Assembly o
TWO YEARS IN OFFICE; HON. GBOLUGA IKENGBOJU GIVES ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP
By Olaseeni Oyesusi
It is no longer news that the 9th Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Upper and the Lower Chamber was inaugurated in June 2019. It is also no news that 9 Members from Ondo State are currently representing the State at the Green Chamber of which Hon Dele Ikengboju Gboluga representing Okitipupa/ Irele Federal Consistency is one of them.
However, the news is the way the MHR has been able to touch the lives of his people positively within the two years of inception.
Below are some of the Achievements of Hon Gboluga in the last two years.
-Appointed 55 constituents as personal aides with monthly stipend paid ranging from 20,000 to 100,000.
- Financed the training of over 400 people across the Federal Constituency in different skill areas with the aim of securing sponsorship through Central Bank funded assisted programme.
- Over 7 graduate jobs secured in the first year while many more applications are been vigorously pursued and lobbed for.
- Names have been nominated into Army, Civil Defence, NDLEA, Immigration and numerous organizations and in no distant time results will be out.
- Over 100 women were trained and empowered with various skills in 2019
- In 2020, 200 women were trained and empowered with N100,000 (one hundred thousand naira) each to begin small and medium scale businesses
- Provision of palliatives to ameliorate the associated hardships of Covid –19 Pandemic during lockdown in 2019.
- 50 Names in the N-Power programmes for 2020.
- 4 Names for N- Power Cor-Ordinator.
- Facilitated 160 Names in government Survival programmes receiving monthly stipend.
- Facilitated 80 names in world bank Assisted 20,000 monthly payment.
- He sponsored 12 names for loans, 5 names were immediately successful in the 1,000,000.00 per ‘’leader head’’ (I.e 5 people received 1m each) in business expansion.
- Covid-19 Relief fund for women (March 7th, 2020).
- Training and Empowerment of women (strategic) on Catering programmes (BCDA).
- Made provision for N100,000 (One hundred Thousand Naira) empowerment for 100 women for business expansion
- Provided Cash grants provided for 400 people in the Federal Constituency (including youths) as business start-up grants. Most recipients got cash ranging from 50,000 to 450,000.
- Facilitated through the Primary health care development Agency (PHCDA) the delivery of N100,000,000 worth of medicines. Facilitated full renovation and upgrade of Ilutitun Comprehensive health centre and without doubt many other centres have been identified for upgrade in 2021 2021 UTME/JAMB forms were widely distributed free to qualified candidates across the Federal Constituency
Acknowledging the need to prioritize cash empowerment and opening for funds to cushion the effects of the global economic meltdown on businesses in 2019/2020, hence the direction of his policies. Hon. Dele Gboluga Ikengboju has decided concentrate on infrastructural development in 2021, therefore the following programmes have been itemized for execution:
- Solar powered street lights (3 – communities)
- Grading of Rural roads in the Federal Constituency
- Community- Hall qqand Event centre (Irele Local Government)
- Modern Sports and Event centre (Okitipupa Local Government)
- Block of 3 classroom to be constructed in Ode – Aye
- Training of youth and women in Commercial fish production
- Renovation and upgrade of modern primary healthcare centre
- Grants for Business start – up and expansion (Across the Federal Constituency)
- Special Intervention to those with health , education and other welfare challenges
- Distribution of Empowerment materials to youths and women in the Federal Constituency
- Health and educational programmes and many more.
However, with all the aforementioned Achievements and many more, Hon Gboluga, apart from quality representations that he has given his Federal Consistency and Nigeria at large, he has also delivered the Dividend of Democracy to his Consistency without sentiment.. On this note, the electorates from Okitipupa/Irele Federal Consistency will always show their undiluted support whenever elections come knocking.