OMO IMOLE'S 365 DAYS OF STEWARDSHIP; AN ACCOUNT This day June 3 makes it a year I got the paddle to sail after the people of Akure South Constit
OMO IMOLE’S 365 DAYS OF STEWARDSHIP; AN ACCOUNT
This day June 3 makes it a year I got the paddle to sail after the people of Akure South Constituency 1 gave me the assurances of the genuity of their love through the March 9 State House of Assembly Election; to be their voice and representative.
You had many choices but considered me your best; you took the giant step and entrusted me with the great mantle.
The past one year has been engaging, quite interactive and from our end, we have been able to revive the education of young ones in the constituency through innovative ideas, respond to urgent needs of our constituents, built manpower, empowered some, improved livelihood and many more of which you are witnesses.
Here’s a flash on our major strides towards building a better constituency we can all boast of;
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT/ CAPACITY BUILDING
1) Partnership with artisans headquarters in training of over 500youths in Akure.
SUPPORT FOR QUALITATIVE EDUCATION
1) Bill for Education Endowment Fund.
2) Scholarship for secondary school students under the Toluwani Borokini
Education Support Fund.
3) Introduction of Google digital skills training to secondary school students in Akure South1.
4). Free skill acquisition for students.
5) Free summer school lesson for secondary school students in Akure South 1
6) Distribution of educational materials to students.
1) Grading of Oda Road
2) Borehole repairs
3) Reconstruction of Caring Heart Mega School, Oke Ijebu Perimeter fence.
4) Push for Oda Road Construction under the Governor Akeredolu’s led administration
5) Supervision of Construction of First Bank Drainage system
As a result of the sudden outbreak and surge of Covid_19 in Nigeria which paralyzed most businesses and affected the financial stability of many homes, efforts were taken to minimize the scourge. To mention a few;
1) Distribution of Personal Protective Equipments.
2) Distribution of food Palliatives.
3) Cash Palliatives for Muslims during Eid El Fitri.
Several Legislative duties were carried out and Oversight Functions embarked on to ensure sustenance of a stable system in the state.
However this cannot be termed our overall best neither has these journey been sterile. Each day comes with assurances of optimum performance as it launches us into greater promises of hope and enthusiasm to achieve more.
As we journey on, I cannot claim to have optimally satisfied all your yearnings but can boast we have been striving in your best interest always hence the progressive positive turn around our constituency is witnessing today.
We have been responsive in our best capacity to your outcry and with great assurances from our heart can promise to do more.
Today is not to unravel new manifestoes but to reawaken the hope you have in us and to roll out our drums of appreciation to those who have stayed committed, devoted, dedicated and firm in the past one year.
Special thanks to the leadership of Ondo State under the Arakunrin Odunayo Akeredolu led administration whom through his concern for humanity considered Akure South Constituency 1 as one of the major beneficiaries of the infrastructural developments and capacity building in the State. Special appreciation also to all executives and members of our great party, The All Progressives Congress for your support in the past One year.
This is not to say we have done all but to revive the confidence reposed in us and to assure you that we have your interest at heart and will do all in our capacity to ensure Akure South Constituency 1 shines over and again.
Thank you good people of Akure.
Hon. Simeon Toluwani Borokini,
Member Representing Akure South Constituency 1.